Klout has a way of making their users angry with every algorithm or TOS change. Since the social influence grading platform started getting big in 2010, it has been the center of more than one controversial move. This time, the move seems to be a good one as they just added Instagram to the scoring system.
They have had Instagram and other services such as Tumblr, Wordpess, and Flickr as a profile component for some time, but Instagram is now the 6th social influencing metric in one’s Klout score. There are real world and non-social components that are included such as presence in Wikipedia and pull on Bing.
This is a good move. Instagram is really starting to become a standalone service that people care about despite its connection to Facebook. It’s visual and doesn’t necessarily take true friendships for one to become popular on the service.
- Bing Search Results and Instagram Photos Now Affect Klout Scores
- Klout Adds Bing and Instagram
- Did Your Klout Score Go Up Recently? Thank Instagram and Bing.
- Instagram Activities Now Factor Into Your Klout Score
- Klout Hooks Deeper Into Bing and Instagram Data
- Klout Announces Klout for Business
This entry was posted by Administrator on Friday, March 29th, 2013 at 11:04 pm and is filed under JD's Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.